Some might call them their best friend on the field, others think of them as a trespassing violation; either way drones are the future of the digital age, and they are here to stay.
Based on advancements in agricultural technology and farming efficiency, productivity has elevated more than ever before. Today's agricultural manufacturers, like Trimble, are augmenting farming equipment with new technology. This includes Trimble GPS and monitoring sensors, as well as professional mapping and imaging systems, modifying farming from a manual industry to a digitized plantation.
Recent trends in mapping and surveying solutions use commercial drones to boost productivity. This is just the beginning of precision agriculture, which will soon see flying robots surveying and treating crops autonomously. The agricultural industry is expected to be one of the largest industries to benefit from the U.S. market for commercial drones.
Trimble provides the ideal aerial imaging solution with the Trimble UX5 drone. This is an unmanned aircraft system (UAS), also available in UX5 HP (High Precision).
The Trimble UX5 is an aerial mapping UAS that was designed to grasp detailed image accuracy and data collection far beyond what the eye can see. The Trimble drone sets the standard for mapping and surveying applications with a custom designed camera and an extremely user-friendly system. Trimble UX5 HP addition is equipped with new features including a robust camera with different lens options combined with a Trimble GNSS receiver.
Features of the Trimble UX5 and UX5 HP:
Built in 16.1 megapixel camera that offers optimal image quality and data accuracy
- Large image sensor that captures sharp, rich-color images in poor weather conditions, unlike the traditional camera.
- UX5 HP users have the option to select from three different lenses based on the accuracy and flight coverage for their imaging needs as well as an infrared sensor.
UX5 HP GNSS system to save time on the field
- Trimble GNSS system and PPK can pinpoint image locations saving time with ground control points (GCP) not required.
- Cancels out risk of placing GCP's in extreme terrains.
Highly dependable for all weather conditions
- Along with most of Trimble products, the UX5 ensures durability in extreme weather conditions.
- Its impact resistance foam cover and external composite can withstand severe temperatures and high winds up to 55 km/h.
High landing accuracy in restricted spaces
- The Trimble UX5 accuracy is the best solution for users who work in cramped spaces.
- Reverse trust enables predictable and accurate landing locations.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is skeptical to allow specific drones to take flight based on security and privacy issues. They are still in the process of developing guidelines to govern drones so they operate safely and efficiently. Trimble drones are one of the few that the FAA has granted an exemption to, allowing Trimble to conduct commercial operations in the U.S.
EarthTron is a distributor of Trimble parts.
If you have a Trimble shortage or have trouble finding Trimble parts check out our Trimble products and available part list.